Composer /Author / Performers
Carmelita Lees is an extraordinary songwriter who writes a range of music at the high bar level, for recording artists, film and TV sync uses.
Composer /Authors (Single Song Assignment)
|There is always a huge demand for good country music songs. On first hearing Country Storm, it impacted as one of them. Aly Cook and co-writer David Erik agreed to sign the publishing rights to Chance MUSIC to enable us to offer the song to producers, performers and labels for uses by recording artists, in film or TV. For single song assignments like Country Storm, we look for songs with good structure, lyrics, mood and of course music that sound like they have longevity as a good composition. Country Storm we believe is one such song.|
What is music publishing?
Music publishing broadly involves these groups of rights and (income streams);
- performance (for live shows, radio, cinema, TV, film)
- mechanical (royalty on copies of music made)
- synchronisation (use of Works in advertising, film, TV, other)
- adaptations (orignal Works adapted; foreign lyrics, instrumental has lyrics added, lyrics or music adapted for purpose)
- sheet music (printed and electronic music formats for sale)
- covers (performer other than writer, performing a version of the writer's Work)
A music publisher manages these rights with other bodies like Performing Rights Societies / Organization (PRS, PRO), collects and distributes income and matches opportunities to published Works to exploit the rights.
What does Chance MUSIC publishing do?
We sign Works by writers, manage the copyrights, find uses for them, from which the writers earn their share of applicable advances and royalties. Those we sign are by invitation from hearing a submission that we approve, which is a very low percentage as our standards are high. A variety of agreement types suit different writers, that we negoatiate and sign with Writer's at the outset.
Formed in 2011, Chance MUSIC Publishing has made initial progress, adding about 500 works to our catalogue, in the first year.
In the first 12 months, four Chance MUSIC writers had 24 songs recorded and produced to release quality by the Chance MUSIC record label. Ten of these being on the Tommy Moeller Time album, and releases from Larissa Ann and Jacob Funnell on the independent Chance MUSIC label, are examples of Chance MUSIC publishing support for it's Writers.
Types of Music Publisher deals
There are three main ways to characterise publishing agreements, each can be matched to different Writer preferences.
- Active Publishing - actively work a catalogue by seeking opportunities and pitching matching Works to them.
- Passive Publishing - passively collect and distribute income and licence as requested.
- Administration Publishing - passive publishing "back office" to primarialy collect and distribute income only.
Chance MUSIC is primarily an active publisher, seeking out opportunities. The following are different types of deals we offer;
- Single Song Assignment - A single Work can be assigned.
- Multiple Song Assignment - Multiple Works assigned on single song assignment form.
- Back Catalogue - All Works by writer not already assigned to another publisher.
- Current Catalogue - All Works by writer to date (if available) and for a future period for new Works written.
Music users access Chance MUSIC publishing catalogue Works in the following ways;
- Licenced by AMCOS (and affiliate PROs) for mechanical royalties on Chance MUSIC published Works.
- Blanket licences from PPCA, PPL for public performances of sound recordings on Chance MUSIC Label.
- Direct licences with Chance MUSIC for use in advertising, film or TV.
- Approaches to use songs to managers, producers, music supervisors, artists and others by Chance MUSIC.
Income from these copyright exploitation activities flows back to writers, and of course Chance MUSIC earns a share.
All submissions must now be made through this site. Go to the Song Review Submission Form for more details.